Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oompa Loompa or Oahu? A Girls Guide to Self-Tanning



Sick of orange streaky self-tanning lotions? Afraid of the dangerous consequences from tanning beds? During these frigid winter months it's hard to find a tanning solution that you can trust to give you a natural-looking glow. I have tried many at home tanning lotions that were nothing more than blotchy disappointments. I’ve also found a few trustworthy products.



It is important to remember that before applying any self-tanning lotion, you must first exfoliate the skin. I’ve found that a body scrub with exfoliating beads works best. After exfoliating, apply regular lotion to the skin, focusing on extra dry areas like knees and elbows.


My first splendid pick is Sun Dark Instant Self-Tanning Lotion. This is my top choice because it gives you a natural look for your body and face. The company claims that it will take you from pale to tan in three hours. Don’t hold your breath. I had the best results when I applied the lotion at night just before bed. I was very happy with the color the lotion left on my skin; not a hint of that phony tan orange. The tan lasted me about three days. You can purchase this product at beauty supply stores as well as online at Amazon, ULTA and Ebay. Prices range from $14.00 to $36.00 depending on the size of the bottle.


Buy SUN Dark Instant Self-Tanning Here!


I’m also a huge fan of Fake Bake 
Self-Tanning Lotion. Love the name and the texture of the lotion.
It’s very thick and the fool-proof package even comes with plastic gloves for easy application. This product can also be purchased at beauty supply stores and online for about $25.00.




Buy Fake Bake Self-Tanning Lotion Here!


My last favorite is Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer, which comes in all different tones for different skin types and it also “firms” the skin. This product will give you a gradual tan when used over time and has a very natural look. You can find this moisturizer at drugstores or online for about $6.00.


Remember ladies, there’s nothing worse then an orangey, streaky faux tan, so make sure to exfoliate and really massage these lotions into the skin for a look that glows! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment